Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week 3

Alright fans, time to write an update.
At the start of this week I did the fit test again and on some of the exercises I was able to do way more (some even twice as many) as I could in the same amount of time when I started.
I feel that my arms are stronger, however I have always had poor flexibility some of the exercises are hard for me. (I can't bend down and touch my toes, some of the stretches he asks us to put our palm on the floor and I can only put my hand on the top of my foot, but I am working on that)

Weight
I lost 7 pounds! Man that feels great!
A few years ago I stepped on a scale and weighed 198 pounds and that freaked me out- enough that I never wanted to reach 200.
This September when I started running I weighed 186.
When I started Insanity I weighed 186. (pissed me off because I was working out 3 times a week but I know I have lost inches and gained muscle because I have been feeling way better since September.)
So I am down to 179 pounds. I haven't lost inches yet on the placed I measured, but that should come in time.

Eating
After my workout in the morning I drink P90X Results and Recovery Formula (I know I am not doing P90x but it is the only Results and Recovery Formula that I could find on the website when I was placing my order) which replaces my breakfast during the week because I can't make myself eat a meal before it is time to go to school.
At school I drink some tea and eat whatever they have for lunch that day.
After school I come home and enjoy a glass of Shakeology -the healthiest meal of the day it says on the package. This month I have the chocolate flavour which tastes very good, kinda like whipped chocolate milk. It comes in a powder form and I need to put it in a blender with water or milk and it fills me up for a few hours.
For supper I eat soup, stew, pasta, a regular meal.
I don't want to ever say I am on a diet because I don't ever want to tell myself that I am not allowed certain foods. I still eat chips and chocolate.

Football
I am a STEELERS Fan. I was worried last weekend, but we pulled it off. At work I am in charge of the NFL playoff contest. The first week I got 3 out of the 4 games right, but last weekend I only got 2 out of the 4 games correct so I am not in the lead, however I will be the happiest girl in the world if the Steelers win it all and I can highlight the most important pick of the playoffs.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Woohoo!! love the commitment! And Julie will never give up her chips! :D Miss you, wish I was there (just so we could hang out)