Friday, January 7, 2011

Pure Cardio

What can I say.... something happened for the first time to me today- sweat fell to the floor before I got to my towel. I remember when I was researching Insanity people said they had wet floors by the time they were done the workouts, they weren't kidding.

Quotes from what Shaun T said during the workout.... (from what I remember)
"Are you guys as worried as I am for what is coming up next?"
"I am so tired I can't even remember the names of my own moves!"
At the end of a long intense string of moves he falls to the ground on his back and says
"This **** is baNANAS!" (it was bleeped out)
Said as we were stretching after another set of moves:
"Sometimes I wonder why I do this..... so I can look like THIS!"
(It sounds like he is pretty high on himself, but really the only reason for going through these workouts is so you can look good in the end)

I figure I did about 80% of this workout because I still am recovering from being sick so there is still crap in my throat and there are lot of moves you do with your head down and that is still hard for me. That being said, if the creator of the workout says things like that, I figure I pushed myself pretty hard too so I am proud of myself.

What hurts today?
My calves.

Any difference?
I feel that I am gaining more arm strength. I am getting better with push-ups jacks or whatever they are called - when you go down for your pushup you also spread your legs apart and when you push back up with your arms you jump your legs back together. Try it sometime.
I feel, especially after the workout, that I am breathing "cleaner" it is hard to explain but I just feel better.

I made it until Friday and I don't want to stop :) One more workout tomorrow and then I have Sunday OFF!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I liked all his lines today too! I guess this one is a harder one for him and he is the one leading us!

I think he said "nervous" instead of worried. I liked that line and the one where he swore and it was beeped out. I think cause normally a person leading a workout video would probably not have said either! haha

Makes the workout seem so real!

Keep it up! You are doing awesome!