As you know I have been currently reading "A Million Little Pieces" but James Frey. I am on page 399 of 430 and have not been reading it the past few days because I don't want it to end. It is also getting a bit less realistic so I don't want to end the book disappointed, however one of these days I will sit down and read until the end, perhaps tonight.
I watched Oprah last Monday and they did a show on a family addicted to heroin, and the other night V brought home from work a "program guide" for "Issues of Substance Use in Film and Forum" From October 1- Nov 28 they are having films and then discussions about substance abuse around the world. I am not sure why I am suddenly fascinated about this topic, but I plan to go watch some of the movies and learn more about substance use. The films are from all over, some from Sweden, Australia (Heath Ledger stars in one of them called "Candy" where he is in love with two kinds of candy- a woman and heroin), Afghanistan, Cambodia, Russia and others are filmed in Canada. Some of the films are only 10 min, some are a lot longer, but when they have short films there are a bunch of them after each other.
I have been sick since Monday. I have no energy and even holding my head up watching tv is too much after about an hour, sometimes laying on the couch is too much and I have to move to my bed. I am tired of it haah, don't worry my mind is still working- even ask V, I have been quick with my wit all week. Yesterday I went and got Buckley's and Orange juice- the cashier asked how I was... like she does to everyone... my reply "I am buying Buckley's and OJ, so not well." I made her laugh and she told me that her friend carries the stuff around with him and drinks it when he thinks he is getting sick and never gets sick.... umm I wouldn't go that far, but I really hope it works, as the Life Brand of Cold and Flu stuff was certainly not putting me on the road to recovery.
Besides, I have to get better, I get to see my sister tonight! I haven't seen her since the spring and I didn't think I was going to see her again until next year as she is not making the drive from NS to here again in the winter. Lucky for us the place where she works sent her on a conference that is only an hour away from us! SWEET!!!
Olympics 2010- place your order everyone! My brother, his wife, her brother, and I did, well I called them and they did all the work :) but we will find out which events we get to pay for by December I think. Tickets are costly for sure, but it is a once in a lifetime deal and I can't wait!
1 comment:
week weak, I get it. Nice to see you again. from across the room ;-) hi!!
Post a Comment