Since the last blog, so much has happened.
Home:
My roommate moved out to follow her passion for BC which is wonderful for her, but as the one left behind it sure was sad. The positive side of that, if there was any was the fact that I could move things around in my place again, I moved my desk out of my room to the living room and created an office area which I am sitting at know, and I can see TV from over my laptop so it worked out nicely. I am also moved into V's bedroom simply because it was cleaned out and I could start fresh... plus the mattress that I had bought for there from Canadian Tire is the best mattress that I have ever slept on- I no longer wake up with a sore back! The other bedroom, well it is in progress, but I will be moving an old big lawn chair that I have from the cottage in there in hopes of creating a reading nook, and I will make that room into my "travel" room with pictures of my travel and it will be a room I want to go in to "getaway".
Work:
Supply teaching is not going well, only two days taught this year and that makes me upset, although I have had many conversations with other supply teachers and we are all not working- except for my one friend who has been at it for 4 years and she has three schools that call her first, so i try to remind myself that she has paid her dues and not get too upset.
I have started working at Swiss Chalet! I worked there yesterday for four hours as a hostess and it went really well- I am hired as a waitress however during training you have to do all the jobs- other than cooking the chicken- so you know everything. And there is another supply teacher working there yesterday too, told you people aren't supplying much!
Other
Last night while watching Corner Gas I really have a different reaction watching it because I have been there at the set- all except for the inside parts. I love that show, and am now drinking coffee out of my "The Ruby" mug.
Shopping:
Last Sat there was a sale at Sears from 8-11 with all their winter coats on sale for 50% off so me as a person with not much money these days decided to get up early and go check it out. I got there about 15 min early and I certainly was not the first car there. There is an entrance from the mall and people were already walking to those doors because you get a 10 dollar coupon from that entrance and so I followed the crowd. When I went in people were just standing around, some people siting on chairs that are there for people waiting for shoppers but about 5 min to 8 all of a sudden people stood up and got into a line, it was such a crazy thing to be a part of! I didn't make it into the line before other people walked from outside to the back of the line so i went to the back of the line behind them, even though I was there first haha, I felt like I was getting all stressed out, those people are crazy! The best part is when we saw some shoppers in the store already! Before the doors opened to us, they were all saying- "there are people in there already" more stress!!! I had to do my best to contain my laughter! When we were let in like the cattle we were, I went straight to the coats and gotta say I was not happy because there were not many coats that I loved, but I did find a Roots coat- Purple, white and black that I liked, and so I found ski pants, and then went to find some scarves and mitts so I am soo set for winter!!!! When I got to the counter to pay she said my extra 10 dollars off was not excepted, still don't know why but that was sad- still 50% off though.
For work I had to go and buy non-slip shoes so I went to the shoe store and bought "Skechers"
Gold star for who can tell me where this line comes from. (Movie) "But I love my Skechers."
That's the update from me,
Have a great week!
3 comments:
I have no idea what movie that is from.
I remember that quote, but I couldn't think of where, but IMDB rocks.
10 Things I Hate About You:
Bianca: There's a difference between like and love. Because, I like my Skechers, but I love my Prada backpack.
Chastity: But I love my Skechers.
Bianca: That's because you don't have a Prada backpack.
I guess half a gold star for Brian. You are a good reseacher.
Post a Comment