Saturday I made Bannock and cut up the toppings for Indian Tacos for lunch on Sunday- I am such a planner. I haven't had Indian Tacos since living up north- it is flatbread, with taco stuff (hamburger, lettuce, tomato, cheese) on top of it and you eat it with a knife and fork.
Sat night I went to my dad's to have dinner and visit with MY SISTER!
It was a rough day for my sickness, as I didn't have a nap, and felt like I really needed one in the grocery store buying the ingredients for Sunday's lunch, but I stayed after dinner to watch a movie about chess. I forget what it was called but I am sure my sister or father will help me out by posting a comment. It was a really good movie though, and it makes me want to play chess again- I have a game board, and pieces, now I need to find someone who will play me, and preferably someone who won't beat me :)
Sunday I picked up my sister and my grandma and headed to my mom's house for the day. My brother, his wife and their little girl was there! I love my niece! They liked the bannock, and we chatted and played cards while waiting for the amazing turkey dinner to be ready that my mom had prepared. SOOOOO good! For dessert, pumpkin pie that grandma brought!
It was the first time since my sister's wedding that my sister, brother and I were together which was last Christmas and it might be a while before it happens again so it surely was THANKSgiving.
Today I woke up to a phone call saying that in 40ish min my mom and sister were going to pick me up on their way to the airport- I asked them to call me, that way I don't have to set an alarm, and I get to sleep in because I sure don't need longer than that to get ready. We shopped our way to the airport and I didn't buy anything! At the airport we had a fast-food lunch and chatted until it was time for my sister to go through security at which point we gave our hugs and then walked back to the vehicle and mom and I headed home. A short while later I reached for mom's sunglasses in her purse and her phone started ringing- which I must say scared mom because of the loud sound. I flipped open the phone and said hello only no one was there- it was a text message from my sister just saying good-bye again. I tried to reply to it, but it sure is weird sending one from another phone so I hope she understood what I said.
On the way home we had to stop at a wine place mom knows of and I bought a bottle of White Merlot to have with V before she leaves me for mountains.
What a great weekend, and to top it all off, a sunny day! Many things to be thankful for.
:)
1 comment:
The movie was Searching for Bobby Fischer - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108065/
Post a Comment