MyFitnessPal is a great app!
It is awesome because it is SIMPLE!
After I eat something, I go to my phone, which, let's face it, is never far.
I just touch on the screen to say if it was breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks. Then I type in what I ate or drank, for example I just had a Shakeology for breakfast that I bought from BeachBody (website/exercise programs) and it came up with a variety of examples and I picked the one I had, greenberry, 1 scoop and it told me it was 140 calories. (which matches the bag so that is great)
I put in my weight when I started, and the weight that I want to get down to, and that I want to loose about a pound a week, (since I figure if you loose it too fast it is easier to come back on) and it gave me the number of calories I should have a day- for me the "goal" is 1710 calories, so I have 1570 more I can put into my system today. There is also a function to put in your exercise, but I haven't done any yet since I am sick, but I do have a "gym date" with a friend at Goodlife tomorrow afternoon so I will check out the exercise function tomorrow.
I love love love counting calories, I think it is because I am competitive and so I don't feel like I want go over the calorie count for the day. It means that when I am hungry, I eat, but make a good choice about what I eat. Trust me, I don't deny myself, I have eaten some chocolate left over from Christmas this week. The main difference or change for me I think is chips. For me if I buy a bag of chips, the bag is gone within 24 hours- a few sittings, yes, but doesn't matter. I have found out that there are a heck of a large amount of calories in chips, so what I have done, is traded in them for a drink of hot chocolate with whip cream on top. My hot chocolate and whip cream is about 60+60 =120 calories (low fat whip cream but lots of it!) For the kind of chips I like to eat, lightly salted Lays, it is 240 calories for only 15 chips! Who can only eat 15 chips????
I will still eat chips sometimes, just not as often.
I know you usually loose weight when you are sick anyway, but I have been eating enough and lost 4.4 pounds!(Tues.-Sat) I don't think that rate will be the norm, but it sure helps me want to keep going with this, because it is EASY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment