Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer of Road Trips

Ahh the summer time... the smell of fresh cut grass, the sight of leaves blowing the breeze, and sounds of bikers and walkers going past my place.
I don't have a job for the summer and I am wanting to get the most adventure possible out of the 8 short weeks of summer. I have already taken a road trip to where I used to work to visit them for graduation- which made me feel so good having parents give me big hugs asking if I was going to be returning in the fall. That is not my plan, however, as I know I need to move on with my life and work somewhere new. I have also been to Ottawa for July 1st, and that was a wonderful adventure. Tons of things to see and do, including watching the snowbirds fly over parliament, singing O Canada with about half a million other people, seeing the Terry Fox van, and you can't forget about the fireworks! They lasted about 15 min and were spectacular! I have also been to Sauble beach for a day, and the summer is just beginning. Seems like the rest of the summer is planning itself with friends wanting me to visit, camping trips being arranged and perhaps even a ball game and a jack johnson concert in the works. Can't wait!

No comments: