Wednesday, July 23, 2008

the newest member

I have been looking into different fitness clubs and their rates for a week now, the YMCA had a good deal where my friend a few months ago got a membership for 10 bucks a month after he proved that he was on EI, unfortunately it no longer works that way and you have to know show what you made last year and they will figure out how much you need to pay as a subsidized member. I didn't make a lot last year, but more than some people make so I doubt that my membership would be his low rate.
As a Elementary Teacher's Federation of Ontario member, I get a special rate at Goodlife fitness, so I drove to one of their locations this morning to check it out. The lady was really nice and she talked to me for a few min about the club and once i said I was a teacher she told me I wasn't allowed to sign up through them, that I had to go online and find a number through the federation to get the rates- kinda makes sense I guess, so back home it is.
I called, again talked to a nice lady and I have signed up for Aug-Jan 31 (it goes for a year at a time, but I am signing up part way through the year so everyone has to sign up each year- which is good because if I really don't use it, then I only paid for half a year) So it is 199 starting Aug. and the card usually takes time to get mailed but lucky for me the girl was nice and said I could start in Aug, but pick up the card in Waterloo at the edvantage office July 30 or 31st so I could start using the gym right away. Awesome! So looks like I will be working out on my own for a week or so before I am a member, oh well. It seems like a lot of money but when I sign up next feb 1 it will be cheaper per month- like 20 bucks instead of the 33 I am paying now because I signed up half way through.
I am excited because I made a decision, and now I just have to stick with it.
As for the rest of the day, I think I will watch Days of Our Lives and then play a little guitar and then see where that leads me.

No comments: