On Friday evening I went to visit my mom for the night, and pick up a lounge chair for my balcony that used to be at the cottage- I love having part of the cottage at my place, it was such a special place growing up. I rented two movies for mom and I to watch, 27 Dresses, and P.S. I love you. I had watched 27 Dresses before but I knew mom would love it, especially after going through the planning of Lisa's wedding last year. After watching that, we had three visitors (Brian, Leanne, and Hadley) which was wonderful because I usually see my niece at least once a month but it just hasn't worked out to be that often since I have moved to Kitchener. I love her smile and her giggles!
The next morning mom and I watched P.S. I love you in our PJ's and it was wonderful to just relax, have a coffee and watch a movie. It was a very odd movie because it is about a guy who wrote letters to his wife before he died and she got them for the next few months in different places. It is not a great movie, but it is cute in places.
After the movie I headed back to Kitchener to wait for two of my friends I taught with at Amo to come come and visit me for the weekend. They arrived around 6 and we were off to watch Maid of Honor where this guy is the "Maid of Honor" in his best friend's wedding, however the downfall is that after years of friendship he figures out that he is in love with her and him to marry her and not the other guy from Scotland. It was an alright movie, funny in parts, but not one I would buy.
On Sunday we were off to Niagara Falls even though it was raining! We picked up another friend of ours who worked with us last year (who lives in Kitchener now) and we headed for the Falls. When we got there we found a spot to park and went right for the Maid of the Mist because that was the one thing we wanted to do there. I was amazed at how many other crazy people were walking around in the pouring rain. The bonus was that after we got off the Maid of the Mist it didn't feel like it was pouring anymore- nothing can feel worse than being close to the bottom of the falls and feeling like you will never be dry again. Did I mention that it was also cold that day- wet and cold, not a great combo. The other bonus was that the Maid of the Mist gives out classy bags that you put over your head to become a rain coat so your clothes don't get soaked from the falls- I think this was the only day that people didn't take them off after their ride, we all walked around town with them on! Funny Stuff. We went to eat and warm up at the Rain forest Cafe before heading to the car and driving back to Kitchener. That night we played Seen-it which was ok, until we all got to the end and you have to answer some questions correctly to win and we couldn't get them right so it felt like we were just wanting someone to get it right, anybody to finish the game, luckily after about 5 rounds at the end, I answered a question correctly to end our misery.
Monday- my company left in the morning and I rested on the couch- sooo nice to have company come to me so I don't have the long drive home. I got to hang out with my friend Val for supper and then to finish off the night I wrapped myself in blankets, sat on the balcony and watched three different sets of fireworks over the trees. What a wonderful way to end off a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment