Saturday, September 22, 2012

"Diet"

Update:
I do enjoy Ezekiel bread- I keep it in the freezer and take one slice out each morning, toast it and top it with peanut butter and sliced banana- Delicious!
I tried Steel Cut Oatmeal because it was the most nutritious easy microwavable oatmeal I could find.... I had to make myself finish the bowl, and even cut up a whole apple into it so I would taste more apple than oatmeal and I still had a very hard time. So, I will maybe try another kind in the future.
I am doing well with cooking- although I hate always having so many dirty dishes in my tiny little kitchen- with no dishwasher but me. I eat a lot of stir-frys, and I like to buy broccoli slaw at the grocery store because when in stirfry with other veggies, they look like noodles so I trick my mind into thinking that I am eating pasta.
Pasta- I love pasta- love it! I know have some still, but the book says that I should have it at lunch time instead of dinner, works for me.
Greek yogurt- still don't like it plain, but I use my magic bullet machine each day and put some yogurt, frozen fruit, and a bit of water, mix it up and have an amazing tasting smoothly for an afternoon snack most days.
Good news- I am down 15.2 pounds since June.
Bad news- I have to make some money so I can buy new clothes and look more professional, however I don't want to buy too many clothes because I want to continue to loose so I will be in even smaller sizes....... A great problem to have though :)
Have I been eating junk as well?
I have let myself eat some chips sometimes- because that has always been the junk food of choice for me.
I do have one dinner a week that I eat whatever I want- last Tuesday I went to East Side Mario's so I enjoyed every single bite of their bread and caesar salad- and I had half of my pasta and brought the other half home for the next day at lunch.
Then I went to see the movie "Hope Springs" (movie wasn't as good as I had thought it was going to be) Didn't eat popcorn at the movies (it seemed so wrong, but I really was full) then I went back to East Sides for dessert. They have this new dessert that is brownie and ice cream in a sundae glass, with popcorn on top with caramel drizzled all over- SOOOO GOOOOOD!
Mmmmmmm! Hope there is another one of those in my future. Eating well has made me really enjoy the "not so good for you foods", but it really isn't that hard to cut most of the junk out and replace it with healthy food, although I do feel that it is more expensive to eat healthy.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome Julie!

Unfortunately I can't do past anymore because I think I am growing a gluten intolerance. I'm finding alternatives - like vermicelli noodles and brown rice noodles and quinoa.

I'm so proud of you! We definitely need a skype/phone date!

SM said...

Wow!!!! Great work on the diet!!!