Not sure why I feel writing a blog is hard work, sometimes I think to myself, oh I have got to blog about that, but then by the time I get home my mind is on other things, and as time goes by I feel I don't need to blog about it anymore.
Perhaps if i tell myself I don't need to blog long posts it might take the pressure off.
Stuff in my life these past few weeks
1) A parent from the reserve I used to teach at passed away this past week. She was a great person, and a mother to 4 beautiful girls (two of whom I got the pleasure of teaching). When I went up there for grad a year ago, she ran out of a building, gave me a huge hug and asked if I was coming back to teach with a big smile on her face.
I wish I could have drove up to give that same big hug to each of her girls, but it has just not worked out. I wanted to go to her funeral, but no one told me when it was in time for me to go up, as they had to go to court to fight to have the body buried on the reserve because her family wanted it to be transport to their reserve. I am glad she is at rest where her girls can visit her grave.
2) About 6 months ago a female my age was shot on the way to her bus stop to go to work. It was terrible and no one knew who shot her. The night before her funeral I served the whole family dinner at the place I work, since they had been on the news (her husband and her dad did interviews) we all knew who they were.
This past week her husbands picture is front page of the newspaper in our restaurant- he played a big role in the murder. How upsetting!!! He certainly had me fooled- although I knew something was not right, shootings don't usually happen at random and no one knows who did it or why.
3) I went to Toronto with a friend last week- she won two tickets to see the ARRRRRGOOOOOS play. It was exciting for me since I had never seen a CFL game, and sadly she had never even watched a football game before in her life!
There were two rows of guys in front of us- which would be cool, but they were real idiots!
The people behind us were young- like 17 or so- young punks, but were ok and were having a good time.
There were also a bunch of people cheering for the opposing team to our right, about 50 or so- all cheering for BC and they would talk back and forth to the guys in front of us. Things seemed all in good fun--- during the first half.
After half-time the people in front of us, and a few guys behind us started to yell back and forth.... (beside me were 4 empty seats) and it was getting a little intense- two guys went to punch each other and the guy from behind and beside me was all of a sudden laying along the top of the seats and his head was in the row ahead of me. It was all a blurr, but he was ok and go up in his row again. Then there was more yelling and a guy from in front of me got out of his row and waited at the end of the row behind me for someone to come and fight him- which thankfully did not happen. soon one of his buddies got a caution sign and set it up right beside me--- I am just happy that I wasn't hurt in all the close action!
In the fourth quarter the idiots in front had made a BC fan get all upset and she left crying- poor girl, and I heard the punks behind me talking about who they would all "take" in the row in front. I turned to my friend and chose to get up out of my seat and watch the last 5 min from somewhere else where i knew it wouldn't be my blood that would be shed.
Nothing happend, that I could see, but come on, the guys infront were in their 30's and they were picking fights with people who weren't even old enough to drink- something is wrong here. Why are guys so dumb??? It wasn't even like they had their girlfriends to impress or anything, they were just stupid! I will forever wonder if there was a fight outside, but I am just glad to be safe after it all- such a crazy game--- in the STANDS!
In Toronto we slept at the Western Harbour Castle- what a nice hotel- limos and beautiful loby. In the morning we went for a swim and found out they had an outdoor tenis court even- all on the 5th floor! So awesome!
I had never walked down by the harbour there before- it was beautiful, well kept, and lots of boats for both pleasure and tours.
4)I just got back from seeing the "Time traveler's wife"
It was an ok movie, I didn't cry, but one of my friends sure did, so if you go see it you should go prepared. There were three of us and we got two large drinks and two medium popcorn with an extra cup- usually I get a kidspack which is like 6 bucks and you get some popcorn, a small drink and a kinderegg or some choc of some kind. Today, since my friend had coupons for buy one get one free popcorn and pop, we got the big sizes.
All I have to say is OH MY GOODNESS I shake my head at people who buy that and finish them- it is crazy! I had about half my drink- and even that was hard to do, and about half my popcorn and just couldn't eat any more. My stomach is already telling me that was too much of a bad idea- I will stick to the kids pack from now on.
5) I am sitting here waiting for a phone call - I applied to a bunch of teaching jobs today and i really hope that someone calls me for an interview!
2 comments:
Keep blogging! I would never have heard those things going on in your life if you hadn't. I'm glad blogger has an rss feed though so I know when you post!
Great to hear that you are okay. Keep up with the blogs. I love to hear the goings on in your life.
Post a Comment