Hey Friends,
Started working last Friday at the arena- it is a good place to work, great people to work with, and after our first shift we all sat down and had some cheesecake- I am going to like this place haha.
Saturday I worked as well which was wonderful because it was 6 hours.
Sunday was church and it was awesome!
Monday I went to get my haircut- wow what an awesome place! When I went, and met the hairdresser she asked if I wanted a head massage ... she said it was complimentary, wonderful, yes... then she washed my hair and gave me an awesome cut and took out all the bulk- while cutting, another woman came up and wanted to know if I wanted a free hand massage-yes please :) On the way home I stopped by Starbucks because I was told that on Monday teachers get a free cup of coffee so since I was in the neighbourhood I thought I would get one. More awesomeness! I was going to work out at the gym, but nahhh I felt too good already and didn't want to wreck my hair.
Tuesday didn't start off as well, I had an appointment with a personal trainer at the gym because I wanted to ask him what I should be doing at the gym to get the most results and such, but he weighed me and gave me a blood pressure test, then stat down with me and said that I need to loose 30pounds and that if I signed up with him it would take 7 months to loose the weight, that I wasn't eating well and that it would cost over $3,000 bucks! ummm no thanks man, I am going to try and do this on my own, but I was very, very discouraged- could only work out for like 10 min on the elliptical because I was so upset and just wanted to come home and eat chips. The one good thing I got out of the conversation was that he told me the difference between cardio and weight training - (he made a line graph for me) the body burns calories at about a 2 at rest, and if you do cardio you can burn at a 5, but in about an hour you are back down at the 2. However when you do weight training, you burn at 7 or above and it takes 2-3 days to go back down to the 2, so if you do weights every other day you are always burning calories at a higher number. So I will work more on my pipes haha. Tuesday night I went out for wings with my roomie, and a friend who now lives in Barrie now but he was in North Bay when I was up there for school, and some of his friends. So it was a "melting pot" of his friends but it was a great time and it was good to see him again.
I have been having weird dreams lately- not bad, just strange .... last night I was with my V family and there was this other guy there and we looked at each other and knew that we meant to be, which is awesome, but the V family knew it too somehow and everyone was taking pictures and my face was going all red. But then I looked at his face, and it had changed and I didn't find him attractive at all and I went off for a walk on my own- didn't want to be around anyone... and then I woke up.
1 comment:
Glad you are enjoying your job - did they teach you how to use the machines yet?
See you next week!
Post a Comment