Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Back At It...

Working out has been hard since my unofficial personal trainer Erin has moved out east. I always have good intentions, but without someone saying a meeting time and that I better be there, it has been hard for me to get going myself. I have done some jogging, but not consistently.

Now I am going to Belly Dancing, yes I said belly dancing- every Wednesday nights - a very humbling experience because the teacher has like 0 fat on her body, and you are in front of a wall that is a long set of mirrors, but it is also a lot of fun! I encourage ladies of all shapes and sizes to try it, especially if you are uncomfortable at showing off your body as it makes you feel more confident.

To add to this, I now have a one-year membership to Good Life Fitness (and an awesome cousin who helped me out with that) I went today and I feel great! I have had a membership there before and went quite often so I know that I will like it, and will use the membership. My goal is to go there at least 3 times a week.

Last Christmas I got an excellent gift- Insanity- which is an awesome workout videos that push your body to the limits, and I used them when Erin was still here- the problem now is that I do not live on the bottom floor so because there is a lot of jumping, I don't like to use it right now. It will come in handy again when I move- don't know when that will be though. So thanks thanks thanks mom, Lisa, and Jeff, the gift was great, and I will use it again, just not right now.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Julie, I wouldn't quite call it your personal trainer! lol but thanks! I totally know what you mean with not being motivated. I so need a workout partner...I miss you workout buddy! (I miss you for more than that...just to be clear!). My sister and I are going to start. I guess I will have to take on that role with her and get us going. Enjoy the gym! I'll start asking if you've gone! :) You go girl! You can do it! When's the next gym visit?