Monday, May 30, 2011

First Day Back On Supply List

I know you are all wondering what I did all day- the first weekday after my wonderful long term occasional teaching job was over.....

I woke up and was showed by 7 waiting for the phone to ring and tell me I have a teaching job for the day. Phone didn't ring so I made coffee and sat down on the couch and turned on the television. I love watching Canada AM in the morning, I watch it every morning but now I got to watch it until 9am. Then I watched Regis and Kelly, and next came Marilyn Denis show. During that show for some reason the tv picture cut out and a screen came up saying that there is "no input" hmmm interesting since I get it from my bunny-ears. At that time I figured I had watched enough tv for one morning and turned it off. My roommate was home for the morning and it was nice to chat with her....
After she left for work I figured I would prepare myself for watching Days of Our Lives by watching some episodes online to catch up- I love Days and it has been a long time since I have been able to watch it on a weekday on tv, I usually have to watch it online.
At 11:30 I was hungry because it is that time I would normally having lunch at my old school I taught at so I made some kraft dinner. Don't worry I had some grapes as well :)
I also did a load of laundry, and did a bunch of e-mails and schedule stuff for my volunteer job for church. It was a very productive day so far.
Next up- news= more tv watching
1:00pm -DAYS OF OUR LIVES!!!
2:00- The Talk. It is on global- just like The View, interesting.
3:00- my friend came over and we went to Cafe O - such a great coffee shop. My friend Erin has been talking about it for quite sometime but I have never gone with her until today. It is like a Starbucks inside where it is very welcoming and comfy chairs. It is wonderful!
Erin and I talked about what we saw on Dr Oz last week, a drink that is good for 30 year olds to drink= green tea+tangerine+handful of mint. I asked Erin where I could buy mint because I couldn't find it in the grocery store and she suggested an organic store not far away called Fiddleheads. It is a great store, they had mint and the guy who seemed like the owner talked to us and answered our questions about the food they had in the store. They had these big stalks of aloe vera - so neat. While walking through the store I saw a pamphlet for PGX. It said there was going to be a seminar tonight by Julia Havey who has been on many talk shows and news about her weight loss and has now teamed up with PGX.
Soooo we went home to eat and then back to the seminar. Julia is such an interesting lady, and very real! She has a great story and she is a great speaker. She talked about how people are overweight but how she doesn't want people to think of themselves as "fat" like it is a character trait. We need to find the vices that are in our lives that are hindering you to loose weight.
Top 3 Diet Vices that contribute to obesity:
-sugary drinks/ soft drinks
-fast food
-television= the average person watches more than 4 hours of tv a day- I sure did more than the average today!
What does PGX do? Check it out at PGX.com but it makes you feel full so you don't eat as much, plus it evens out your blood sugar levels. It has lots of fiber!
I bought a bottle and am going to try it if I don't have work tomorrow because I want to be home (close to MY bathroom) until I know how it effects my body. The only side effect is that it might make you have more gas.
On a side note, Julia used to work for EDiet.com and she was the lady that I saw on youtube who brought in the McDonalds cheeseburger and fries that were a few years old. I watched that over a year ago and has done experiments with the fries and burgers in my classes since. They don't change, they don't mold, it is very gross!
Overall it was a great day! I have Julia Harvey's book called the vice-busting DIET second edition. She signed it and even gives her e-mail and cellphone number when she signs the books- so odd, but so great. You might be thinking, Julie, what a sucker, but do some research before you knock it.
I wonder what tomorrow will hold....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good thing you added in about the grapes or I might have to say something! ;)

Oh, she didn't give me her email addy! Hmmm... I went on the website and signed up. We could have gotten her book for free without buying anything! Oh well, let's see how this PGX works!

Glad you liked Cafe O and Fiddleheads!